As part of signing up to use the GLU.Console, all users must indicate their acceptance of and compliance with the GLU APU.
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out the rules governing:
- the use of the Services; and
- the transmission, storage and processing of content by the Customer, or by any person on the Customer’s behalf, using the Services (“Content”).
References in this Policy to the Customer are to any customer for the Services and any individual user of the Services.
- By using the Services, the Customer agrees to the rules set out in this Policy.
- GLU will ask for the Customer’s express agreement to the terms of this Policy before the Customer upload or submit any Content or otherwise use the Services.
General usage rules
The Customer must not use the Services in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Services or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Services.
The Customer must not use the Services:
- in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful; or
- in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
The Customer must ensure that all Content complies with the provisions of this Policy and the Law.
Content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Content, and the use of Content by GLU in any manner licensed or otherwise authorised by the Customer, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, Trade Mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- constitute a breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- constitute a breach of official secrets legislation; or
- constitute a breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person; or
- constitute a breach of national or sector regulations, policies or best practice.
The Customer must ensure that Content is not and has never been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
The Customer acknowledges that GLU will actively monitor the use of the Services.
The Customer must not conduct any systematic or automated data scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting, or other systematic or automated data collection activity, by means of or in relation to the Services.
The Customer must not link to any material using or by means of the Services that would, if it were made available through the Services, breach the provisions of this Policy.
The Content must not contain or consist of, and you must not promote or distribute by means of the Services, any viruses, worms, spyware, adware or other harmful or malicious software, programs, routines, applications or technologies. The Content must not contain or consist of, and you must not promote or distribute by means of the Services, any software, programs, routines, applications or technologies that will or may have a material negative effect upon the performance of a computer or introduce material security risks to a computer.